Morning Detox Recipe
This is a SUPER-GREEN drink. The taste is similar to grass with hints of berry. I recommend cold and easily sucked down with a straw - but not frozen. This recipe is enough for 2 mornings. I keep it stored in a glass jar with tight-fitting lid and liquid filled to the rim to prevent any oxidation from air exposure. Drink lots of water throughout the day.
Why drink it?
Drink this anytime to improve health - but especially if you are feeling run-down, exhausted, on the verge of getting sick, stressed out, have anxiety or irritability, brain fog…
What does it do?
This drink will provide ALL 8 essential amino acids, a complete protein, all the B vitamins (including B12), phycocyanin (powerful antioxidant and anti inflammatory), anthocyanins (33% more in wild blueberries with 2X antioxidants), fisetin, zeaxanthin, lutein, prebiotic fiber, chlorophyll, Omega 3s and 6s in the OPTIMAL ratio, vitamins A, C, D2, E, K1, Zn, Mg, I (iodine), Mn, P, Cu, Fe, K+, Ca++, β-Carotene, prebiotics, probiotics and postbiotics, broad range of polyphenols, Oleic Acid, MCTs.
You are feeding your microbiome, providing fuel for your mitochondria as well as all the necessary building blocks/parts REQUIRED to make new body tissue and repair DNA. You are stimulating FAT BURNING - of your own stored fat - You will notice your mood lighten - you are smiling for no apparent reason - your brain is ON POINT - memory and quick-thinking are upregulated - you are able to perceive the world through new eyes and curious excitement.
- Goat’s milk kefir - 1/2C - ketones, omega 3s, probiotics, postbiotics
- Spirulina - 2T super multivitamin and protein
- Chlorella - 1-3t - super multivitamin and protein
- HP-EVOO - 2-4T - Oleic Acid and Polyphenols
- Nutritional yeast - 2T - B vitamins and protein
- Wild Blueberries - 1/2C - antioxidants, polyphenols
- Strawberries - 4-5 small to medium - antioxidants, polyphenols
- liquid whey (optional) strained from homemade 36-hour fermented Greek yogurt - probiotics, postbiotics (short-chain fatty acids, butyrate, nitric oxide)
- spring water (no chlorine or fluoride)