ARE YOUR LIPS A 10? “LIP”-odomics: Ultra-Hydrating Lip Balm - Blog #23
Hi Everyone! Welcome back to another Friday blog! Today I wanted to introduce our new ultra-hydrating lip balm and our holiday white chocolate peppermint lip balm. We all know all lip balms are not created equal. I wanted to create one that actually works to minimize the lines around the mouth, restores collagen and elastin, fills in cracks and hydrates and protects for hours without having to keep re-applying. After months of researching and studying lipodomics (the study of epidermal surface lipids) these are the 10 ingredients(lipids) I’ve hand-selected based on their properties. All these vitamins and minerals work synergistically together to achieve optimum repair, function and health of your lips!
The “Lip”-odomic 10 Ingredients: Raw Unfiltered Beeswax, Raw African Shea Butter, Raw Unprocessed Cocoa Butter, Golden Jojoba, High Polyphenol Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Virgin Marula Oil, Pomegranate Seed Oil, Vitamin E, Tangerine EO, Lavender EO
Ultra-Hydrating Lip Balm:
This ultra-hydrating lip balm is super rich in emollients of shea and cocoa butters, with jojoba, EVOO, pomegranate seed and marula extracts and oils hydrating and filling in cracks, stimulating collagen and elastin production and inhibiting its degradation, rich in vitamins and minerals: A,C,E,F,K,B complex, zinc, copper. Also rich in proteins, squalene, wax esters that block UVB rays and provides the antioxidant “docosanol” that prevents cold sores!
The 10 Benefits:
1. Increase collagen and elastin production - Shea Butter - Hydrator, Vit A, E, D, F, balanced omega 9:6 ratio, emollient (lasts several hours), enhances collagen production, cell regeneration, decreases photoaging and collagen destruction, UV protection, cetyl esters (waxy) lock in moisture. Cocoa Butter - Hydrator, Vitamins E, K, collagen booster. Pomegranate Oil: Hydrator, penetrates deep, high omega 5 (Punicic acid), strong anti inflammatory, antiseptic, anti-aging, UV protection, stimulates skin cells, improves elasticity, scars, skin regenerating, improves thickness, astringent, improves skin texture (pro-estrogen supporting skin), boosts collagen, nutrient dense, high vit C, antioxidants, tannins, ellagitannins.
2. Increase Cell Turnover - Pomegranate Oil - Increases activity of fibroblasts, collagen and elastin.
3. Increase Cell Regeneration - Shea butter, Cocoa Butter, EVOO - important in membrane function and new cell formation, Pomegranate Seed Oil
4. Increase Cell Repair - Jojoba Oil, EVOO - important in membrane repair and function
5. Natural UV protection - spf 3-4: Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Jojoba Oil - Jojoba is the only plant in the world to produce pure liquid wax esters stop UVB rays, Pomegranate Seed Oil.
6. Helps Prevent Cold Sores - Jojoba Oil - one of its antioxidants contains docosanol, which inhibits the herpes simplex virus that causes cold sores.
7. Protects Collagen - Jojoba Oil - one of its antioxidants inhibits the enzyme responsible for collagen destruction!!
8. Loaded with Vitamins and Minerals!! A (retinol) = collagen production, brighten skin, decrease hyperpigmentation, B Complex = important in regeneration and decreasing hyperpigmentation, C = collagen production, firming and toning, D = cell regeneration and Ca++ transport, E = collagen production, F = essential fatty acids, K = healing bruises, dark spots, stretch marks, scars, important in clotting and regeneration, Folate - helps body make DNA and RNA and develop healthy skin cells, reducing risk of cancer, firms and tones, reduces oxidative stress in skin, reduces fine lines/wrinkles, nourish and enhances healthy glow. Zinc - very important trace mineral found in every cell of the body. Around 100 enzymes rely on zinc to perform their functions. It is 6 times higher in stratum corneum (outer layer of skin). Acts as an antioxidant to prevent free radical damage, heals and rejuvenates. Important in creation of new cells and their membrane function. Copper - involved in the synthesis and stabilization of extracellular matrix skin proteins, angiogenesis (creation of new blood vessels), improved elasticity, reduced facial fine lines and wrinkles.
9. Penetrates deep. Thanks to our high polyphenol EVOO, the wonderful properties get transported deep into the skin into the upper 1/3 of the dermis. Oils have an ability to carry dihydroquercetin (DHQ). DHQ is an anti-inflammatory, hypopigmenting, anti-tumour, mitigates oxidative DNA damage, prevents UV-induced skin carcinogenesis. Of all the oils, Olive oil was the only one that could carry DHQ into the dermis. Scientists are studying the use of olive oil as a carrier oil for medications, since the biggest problem is how to get the medication deep into the skin for absorption.
10. Provides Squalene - Thank you EVOO!!! - high Squalene - important in sebum and vitamin D synthesis. Squalene is present at about 12% in sebum, six times higher than anywhere else in the body. Lipidomics, the study of epidermal surface lipids, is the focus of some of the latest research. They want to understand the ratio of free fatty acids to each other, proteins and other molecules and their function. Why are Squalene levels so high, for example? Sebum is the lubricant or mortar between the cells or bricks. As we age, we produce much less, so squalene levels may make a huge difference in the health and texture of our skin.
White Chocolate Peppermint Lip Balm
Raw unfiltered beeswax, raw unprocessed cocoa butter, golden jojoba oil, high polyphenol EVOO, virgin marula oil, Vitamin E, Peppermint essential oil, Sweet Orange essential oil
This lip balm is super rich in emollients, hydrating and filling in cracks, stimulating collagen and elastin production and inhibiting its degradation. vitamins and minerals: A,C,E,F,B complex, zinc, copper. Also rich in proteins, squalene, wax esters that block UVB rays and provides the antioxidant “docosanol” that prevents cold sores!
Here at The Virgin Olive Oiler, we not only strive toward providing the highest quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil possible, but also provide natural, healing and nourishing bath and body care products. Our ultra-hydrating lip balm is instantly soothing and nourishing with the “lip”-odomic 10 amazing ingredients!
Our wonderful White Chocolate Peppermint Lip Balm is perfect for the drying fall and winter weather coming up! Raw, unprocessed cocoa butter, high polyphenol extra virgin olive oil, golden jojoba oil and virgin marula oil join forces to heal, soothe and nourish chapped lips. The essential oils and natural chocolate flavor stimulate your olfactory, reminding you of the holiday season and white chocolate peppermint bark!! This lovely lip balm provides protection and nourishment for hours! Enjoy!
Until next time my friends, drink, drizzle, digest high polyphenol EVOO, eat fatty fish, drink lots of water, get plenty of sleep, get a good pre/probiotic, exercise your body and mind. #EVOO