Crafted in Modena, Italy and inspired by rare lots of 18 Year Balsamico Tradizionale di Reggio Emilia, our Traditional 18 Year Style dark balsamic has everything you would expect in a world-class balsamic: the perfect balance and structure of sweet and sour, notes of prune and caramel with a creamy texture that extends into a long finish. Made with an exceptionally high percentage of Italian Lambrusco, Sangiovese and Trebbiano grapes that are slowly cooked to create the highest quality grape must base. The must is then combined with barrel aged Sangiovese wine vinegar to start the acetification process. The end result is the most premium example of an extremely high quality balsamic condimento that pairs well with almost every olive oil in our store. A staff and customer favorite and one of our bestselling products.
Ideas for use:
- Combine it with any olive oil to add complexity, depth, and sweetness to salad dressings and marinades.
- It is an exceptional complement to fine cheeses, charcuterie boards, and Caprese salad.
- Use it to finish tomato-based soups or sauces.
- Drizzle it over grilled or oven-roasted fish, we especially like it with grilled salmon.
- Use it as a glaze for grilled meats and vegetables.
- Try it drizzled over caramelized onion and Brie flatbread.
- Drizzle it over fresh fruit, ice cream, Greek yogurt, and baked goods.
- It makes a bright statement when added to homemade jams and compotes.
- It is simply the easiest way to add bold flavor to any dish.