Sweet, savory, and tangy, our Pedro Ximenez barrel aged sherry vinegar from Jerez, Spain is remarkably complex and delicious. Reminiscent of dehydrated grapes (raisins) and dried fruit like dates and figs, it has a most memorable flavor and aroma. While the sweetness of this vinegar surely comes from the delectable Pedro Ximenez grapes, its dark mahogany color and intense aroma comes from being aged in American oak casks. This outstanding vinegar is extremely versatile and combines stunningly well with our Ultra Premium EVOO. Excellent complements include vinaigrettes, winter/summer greens, pan sauces, legumes, reductions, vegetables, beef & pork, poultry, & fish, soups and sauces, or berries & stone fruit.
Pairs well with Basil, Blood Orange, Chipotle, Cilantro & Onion, Italian Gremolata, Harissa, Herbs de Provence, Persian Lime, Porcini Mushroom & Sage, Rosemary, Butter, Black truffle, and White Truffle Olive Oils.
Other ideas for use include:
- Combine with minced shallot, Dijon mustard, minced tarragon, and a Mild Ultra Premium EVOO; then use over roasted or grilled fish, chicken, or salads.
- Combine with your favorite Ultra Premium EVOO to dress roasted or grilled potatoes.
- Use in Spanish staples such as gazpacho, romesco sauce, and Catalan beef stew.
- Pan-roast asparagus spears in a Medium Ultra Premium EVOO; then use to deglaze the pan.
- Combine with a Mild Ultra Premium EVOO to dress mixed greens with thinly sliced apples, chopped Deglet Noor (or Medjool) dates, walnuts, and shaved Manchego cheese.
- Use to brighten up your favorite French onion soup recipe.
- Use to finish caramelized pearl onions or braised cipollini onions.
- Use to deglaze a pan after sautéing mushrooms and finish with minced parsley.
- Use to macerate strawberries or apricots and serve with vanilla ice cream.