The rich Sri Lankan toasted cinnamon aroma and the sweet taste of Anjou pear are harmoniously combined to make a savory and sweet balsamic vinegar. Paired with Blood Orange olive oil, it makes a delicious vinaigrette for a festive spinach and baby arugula salad; top it with slices of fresh pear, toasted pecans, and dried cranberries. This balsamic can also be used as a marinade for pork or poultry. Vanilla ice cream becomes fruity vanilla cinnamon bun pear ice cream with just a drizzle.
Ideas for use:
- Combine with Blood Orange olive oil to dress a spinach or arugula salad, topped with fresh berries, mandarin oranges, and goat cheese.
- Use in lieu of lemon juice in your favorite apple pie recipe
- Use to poach pears or apples.
- Combine it with a Medium Super Premium EVOO and drizzle over sweet potato wedges, pumpkin, or butternut squash before roasting.
- Drizzle over Greek yogurt, ice cream, or oatmeal.
- Brush over acorn squash halves before roasting.
- Whip into Mascarpone cheese for a dessert topping.